Paulas Cranberry Cheese BarsFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 2 cups unsifted flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups regular (not instant) oatmeal shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Mix or cut margarine or butter into dry mixture with pastry blender until crumbly, reserving 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture.
- Press remainder firmly in bottom of greased 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in smaller bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth; stir in lemon juice. Spread evenly over prepared crust.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in cranberry sauce. Spoon over cheese layer. Top with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and chill.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator.
- Though these keep well in the refrigerator, they taste better and are easy to cut if you let them come to room temperature.