Potatoes Paprikas CasseroleFrom nlo209 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. boiling potatoes shopping list
- 3 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp. sweet Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and deribbed, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 lb. Hungarian sausage (Debreceni or other semi-soft smoked sausage) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the potatoes until almost done (8 to 10 minutes). Peel and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Cook the onions and garlic in olive oil until lightly colored (8 to 10 minutes)
- Slice the sausage about 1/8 inch thick.
- Off the heat, stir in paprika. Stir until onions are well coated.
- Return the pan to the heat, add stock, bring to a boil, and add caraway seeds, potatoes,sausage, tomato, green pepper, salt and a few grindings of pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, stir, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Top each serving with some sour cream
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!