Spinach and Feta TartFrom alagrecque 8 years ago
- 300 gr. pate brisee or puff pastry shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 tbs spring onions chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled shopping list
- 40 gr. butter cut like dice shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk cream shopping list
- 350 gr. spinach shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh peppermint or 1/2 tbs dry shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup kefalotiri or parmezzano finely grated (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- First we preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Grease a round tart dish of 24 cm in diameter.
- Place the pastry in the tart so that it takes the shape of the dish and trim what sticks out of the sides.
- In a large heavy saucepan saute the onions with the olive oil, for 1 minute on a low heat.
- Add the spinach and keep stirring untill all water has evaporated.Season with salt and pepper, nutmeg and peppermint.
- Then we add the eggs, milk cream and feta cheese.
- Remove from heat and empty the mixture into the tart pastry. If you wish sprinkle with the kefalotiri or parmezzano cheese.
- Put the butter cubes on top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.