old fashioned Chicken soupFrom meek 8 years ago
- 1KG chicken drumsticks shopping list
- 1 Can of lentils shopping list
- 1 Bunch of celery shopping list
- 2 Large potatoes shopping list
- 5 Large carrots shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons Vegi stock - reduced salt shopping list
- 1 Bunch Fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 tea spoon cracked black pepper. shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot brown the chicken along with the crushed garlic cloves and a little olive oil.
- Cut all the veg in to bit sized peices, with the celery use mainly the leafy top finely chopped and use only 1 or 2 of the lower stems.
- Remove the chicken and add all of the veg, on a med heat stir the veg until they wilt and begin to sofen.
- Add the chicken back into the pot. Sprinkle in the vegi stock, and cover with hot water. Simmer with the lid on for about and hour. Stirring every 20 min or so.
- Stain and rinse the lentils, add into the pot.
- You can now leave this on a low heat for how ever long you want, when ever your ready to eat. Just before serving pick the bones out and stir in the fresh thyme and pepper.
The Cookmeek Melbourne, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!