Pickled FishFrom liezel 7 years ago
- 2 ml fine cloves (1/2 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped shopping list
- 250 ml white vinegar (1 cup) shopping list
- 30 ml mild curry powder (2 heaped tablespoons) shopping list
- 2 big onions, cut in rings shopping list
- 80 ml sugar ( 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 4 ml sout (3/4 teaspoon ) shopping list
- 8 small portions of baked fish (any white fish would do) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat up everytjing in a saucepan, except the fish.
- Stir until the sugar is melted.
- Bring to the boil.
- Put a lid on.
- Let simmer until the onion rings are soft.
- Pour over cooked fish.
- Let it stand overnight in the freezer.
- Serve the next day with fresh bread and salad.
- You can heat up the fish if you prefer.