Tourtiere- Meat PieFrom batista_baron 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs ground veal shopping list
- 1 large baking potato shopping list
- 2 onions; minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic; minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup consomme (beef flavoring) or water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sage shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 3 T parsley shopping list
- 2 deep dish pie shells and 2 top crusts shopping list
How to make it
- Bake the potato until done, either in the oven or in the microwave.
- Peel and mash the potato.
- Place the potato, ground pork, ground veal, onions and garlic in a large frying pan. Cook over medium heat 5-10 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Add 1/4 cup consomme, salt, pepper, thyme, sage, mustard, cloves and parsley. Simmer for 20 minutes on low stirring occasionally.
- Add rest of consomme. Simmer for 15 minutes; if it starts getting too thick, add more consomme, but not too much to where it is runny.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Fill pie shells with meat mixture, spreading evenly. Cover with top crust.
- Cut steam vent.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- If edges brown too fast, cover with a strip of foil.
- Serve warm.
The Cookbatista_baron CA
- Not added to any groups yet!