Festive Cranberry-Pear SaladFrom helewes 6 years ago
- 1/2 c. cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c. cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 c. olive oil shopping list
- 2 t. sugar shopping list
- 1/8 t. salt shopping list
- 1/8 t. pepper shopping list
- 2 red pears, cored shopping list
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 2 heads Belgian endive, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c. plus 2 T. chopped walnuts, toasted and divided shopping list
- 1/2 c. crumbled gorgonzola cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Toast the walnuts just until you smell them.
- Combine vinegar and cranberries in a saucepan over medium heat; cook until cranberries are tender.
- Remove from heat; add oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place in a blender and process until smooth; chill.
- Thinly slice one pear; dice remaining pear.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, diced pear, 1/2 cup walnuts and cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide among 8 salad plates; top with sliced pear and remaining nuts.
The Cookhelewes Newton, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!