English Apple Walnut Cheese QuickbreadFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs; beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups finely chopped apples shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- This is a very old recipe from Medieval England and makes a nice moist bread chocked full of goodies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peal, core and chop apples; chop walnuts and grate the cheese. Set these aside until needed.
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs; add buttermilk and beat until smooth and fluffy. Stir in cheese, apples and nuts.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and soda and stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir the batter until smooth and pour it into a 9x5x3-inch greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 40-50 minutes until tests done.
- Allow complete cooling before slicing.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!