Czech dumplingsFrom czechit 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mix the first three ingredients, let
- stand for 10 minutes. Mix the warm milk, egg, salt, yeast mixture and
- flour. Add the bread cubes. Knead the resulting dough just as you
- would when making bread. Let the dough rest in a warm place to rise.
- It should double in about 2 hours. Knead again; divide into 3 long
- rolls, each about 1 1/2 " thick. Let rise another 1/2 hour. Drop the
- rolls of dough, one at a time, into a large kettle of boiling water.
- Boil gently for about 15 minutes. Remove with slotted spoons and
- place on a buttered platter. Keep warm. When ready to serve, slice
- the rolls into individual slices by using a length of thread. Loop it
- around one dumpling and pull tight to slice off a piece about 2"
- thick. (This is the fun part! You can get pretty good at this
- garrotting if you practice!!) You should end up with about 2 dozen
- slices. The cookbook says, "These freeze well - steam before serving."
The Cookczechit Langham, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!