Pacific Pork RoastFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- pork loin roast, boneless, about 3 to 4 pounds shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ketchup or tomato paste shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 can [8 ounces] pineapple chunks, drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Season pork roast with salt, pepper & garlic. Brown roast on all sides or place under broiler for 15 to 20 minutes to remove some fat. Place onion in bottom of Crock Pot; top with roast and peppers. Combine sugar, hot water, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, wine vinegar, and ketchup. Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 11 hours. About 1 hour before done, add sliced peppers and pineapple chunks.
- To thicken gravy, blend 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Set the slow cooker on HIGH; add cornstarch mixture. Continue to cook until thickened. (I would do this step on stovetop).
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!