Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel GlazeFrom jeffreyhamby 9 years ago
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (originally called for extract, we use Mexican) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 medium granny smith apples - peeled, cored, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 teaspoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Grease a 9" Bundt pan
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into batter just until blended.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts using a spoon.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the crown or the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Make the glaze by heating the butter, milk, and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from heat.
- Drizzle over the warm cake.
- Katelin likes to: Sprinkle additional cinnamon in the glaze to taste. Add a bit more milk to the glaze and cook it about 7 minutes.