Crawfish and Corn PuddingFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 6 slices of firm textured thick cut white bread (challah is really good) shopping list
- 3 tbsp of butter softened shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of cooked defrosted crawfish tails shopping list
- 1 can of creamed corn shopping list
- 3/4 cup of hot jalapeno jack cheese grated shopping list
- 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese grated shopping list
- 3 extra large eggs,lightly beaten (or 4 medium eggs) shopping list
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup of fresh milk shopping list
- 3/4 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of sage shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 tsp of hot red pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread the softened butter on one side of the bread.
- Cut in 1/2 cubes.
- Put the buttered bread cubes in the casserole, along with the crawfish, creamed corn, cheese.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add the seasonings.
- Pour over the bread cubes, allow to soak for a few minutes.
- Set the casserole inside a larger baking pan and add hot water to the bigger pan partly up the side of the casserole dish.
- Not quite two inches of water if you can without sloshing any into the bread cube/mixture.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes until the eggs/milk are set and the pudding is firm.