Lemon Upside Down PieFrom chef2 6 years ago
- lemon UPSIDE DOWN PIE shopping list
- lemon pie goes topsy-turvy: the meringue is on the bottom and the crunch crust is on the top! And, the filling has an added special ingredient. shopping list
- Topping Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold LAND O LAKES® butter shopping list
- Meringue Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Filling Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, undiluted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat broiler. Combine flour and 1/3 cup sugar in small bowl; cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Place in 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat, watching closely and stirring every minute or until golden brown and crunchy (3 to 4 minutes). Cool completely. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 275°F. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl at high speed until foamy. Continue beating, gradually adding 1/2 cup sugar, until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Stir in vanilla. Spread over bottom and up sides of greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn off oven. Cool in oven for 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine water, 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (5 to 7 minutes). Continue cooking 1 minute. Gradually stir 1/2 cup sugar mixture into beaten egg yolks with wire whisk. Gradually stir egg mixture into remaining hot mixture. Continue cooking stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in lemonade concentrate, 1 tablespoon butter and salt. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Stir sour cream into cooled filling mixture. Spoon cooled filling mixture into meringue shell; sprinkle with topping. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Nutrition Facts (1 serving): Calories: 300, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Sodium: 190mg, Carbohydrates: 51g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Protein: 3g
- 1997 Land O'Lakes, Inc.