Quick And Easy Fajitas W MojoFrom castingcook 9 years ago
- 2 1/4 pounds skirt steak, fat trimmed and cut into thirds shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 lime, juiced shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 12 flour tortillas, warm shopping list
- guacamole shopping list
- Good quality store bought salsa shopping list
- marinade (Mojo): shopping list
- 1 orange, juiced shopping list
- 2 limes, juiced shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1-3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the mojo (marinade). Combine 1-3 chiptole chiles (chopped) w/ 1 tsp adobo sauce, 2 limes (juiced), 2 garlic cloves (roughly chopped), 1 orange (juiced), 3 tablespoons rough chopped cilantro leaves, 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, and some fresh ground pepper in a bowl.
- Using a stick immersion blender, regular blender, or food processor, puree the mojo until smooth. Transfer mojo into a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Add 2 1/4 pounds skirt steak to bag (flank steak, New York Strip, and filet mignon are great alternate cuts). Seal and shake to coat meat thoroughly. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours to fully tenderize and flavor the beef.
- Lightly oil grill or grill pan, and preheat to medium-high heat. Remove beef from the bag of mojo, throw the steaks on the grill, and season liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill for approximately 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare steaks, or around 10 minutes on each side if you prefer well-done steaks. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest.
- Once the beef is off the grill pan and resting, add 2 red bell peppers (thinly sliced), and 1 large onion (thinly sliced), to the grill and toss with lime juice and olive oil. Grill the veggies for 7 to 8 minutes, until just barely limp.
- Heat up flour tortillas. Turn any free burners on a medium low flame by placing a tortilla on each flame. Let it char about 30 seconds to 1 minute, flip the tortilla and repeat on the other side. Remove the tortillas to a clean kitchen towel and wrap to keep warm. You can also heat your tortillas in a microwave by wrapping tortillas in a lightly dampened kitchen towel and heating for about 1 minute. Check to see if they are warm, and if not, continue heating at 1-minute intervals until tortillas are warm and pliable.
- Thinly slice steak, against the grain on a diagonal.
- To serve fajitas, spread some guacamole on a tortilla, top with a few slices of steak, peppers and onions, and salsa. You may serve with sour cream and shredded cheese. Roll up the tortilla to enclose the filling.
The Cookcastingcook Los Angeles, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!