Chicken Blackeyed Peas And RiceFrom smurfetta 8 years ago
- T olive oil shopping list
- 1 C chopped, red onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 Lb chicken breast tenderloin shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 C water shopping list
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth shopping list
- Pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sage shopping list
- 3/4 C "uncooked" rice shopping list
- 1 15 oz can black eyed peas shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet
- Add onion and saute about 4 min until tender
- Add garlic & chicken cooking another 4 minutes turing as necessary
- Stir in broth, water peppers & seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, cover, reduce to simmer about 10 min until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in black eyed peas, cover & cook another (appx) 10 minutes or until liquid is just absorbed.
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!