Sweet Potato BisqueFrom divaliscious 5 years ago
- 3 medium sweet potatoes shopping list
- 5 cups (1.25 L) chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tbs (30 ml) olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 ml) freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream or half-and-half shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry (optional) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- sour cream for garnish (optional) shopping list
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the sweet potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Peel and then mash with a little of the chicken stock until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot over moderate heat and sauté the onions, celery, and garlic until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, ginger, and remaining stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat and have covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cream (DO NOT BOIL or CREAM can Separate) and optional sherry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream and/or chopped chives if desired
- Enjoy your Divaliscious Sweet Potato Bisque!