Tarte TatinFrom yann_chef 6 years ago
How to make it
- Peel, core the apples.
- In a frying pan that can go in the oven, put your sugar, lemon juice and butter and cook until caramelization (golden brown color).
- Then take of the heat.
- Line up the apples cut in half in a nice way in the pan.
- Put the pan with apples back on the range and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, roll out the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Cover the apples with puff pastry, tug it in a little bit on the side of the pan.
- Cut a small hole at the centre of the disc of pastry.
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees centigrade (gas mark6, 350F) for 35 minutes.
- When cooked, place a plate over the tart and carefully flip it over. Be carefull at this point as not to burn yourself with the hot caramel in the pan.
- Serve warm with some creme fraiche, ice-cream of some caramel au beurre salé i.e recipe in my recipe.
- Try this recipe with pineapple and dark rum or pears.
The Cookyann_chef Dublin, IE
The Rating3 people
This is pretty much the way I do this recipe, although I tend to use 7 apples instead of 6 (can't seem to fill the pan with 12 halves). I guess you arrange them the same way I do, sort of fanning them around the pan like cards in a deck, with perhaps...moredond in Rockville loved it
the easiest way of making this tarte .thanks for posting it.i've bookmarked itlohashim in Riyadh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!