Spinach And Cheese Stuffed MeatloafFrom smurfetta 8 years ago
- Meatloaf: shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 lg egg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, well drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 3 tsp parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl, combine filling ingredients and mix well.
- Combine ingredients for the meatloaf and mixing lightly and thoroughly.
- Put the beef mixture on waxed paper and pat into 14 x 10-inch rectangle.
- Spread the filling over beef and all but 3/4" around edges.
- Starting at short end roll up jelly-roll method.
- Press beef mixture over spinach filling at both ends to seal.
- Put seam side down in an open roasting pan.
- Bake in 350° oven for 1 hour.
- Spread ketchup and cheese mixtureover loaf; return to oven and continue baking 15 minutes.
- Top loaf with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- To serve, cut into 1-inch thick slices.