Nut Crescent CookiesFrom borinda 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the extracts and the flour and salt.
- Mix in the nuts until just blended -- do not overbeat. This is a batter that does not like being handled too much.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in waxed paper, and chill one hour.
- Take one tsp of the batter and lightly roll in your hands to form a crescent shape. Keep repeating and placing these, with room to spread a bit, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Keep an eye on them not to burn but they will rise a bit and turn lightly golden. I like using Silpats on my cookie sheets for these.
- These cookies are delicate so handle with care when removing to cooling racks.
- When cooled dust with confectioner's sugar.
- These cookies freeze nicely, if they last that long.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating4 people
Mmm-sounds just like the ones mom used to make.I will definitely be adding these to my enormous xmas cookie platter this year.Nice job on this recipe!!
Carrie :)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
Okay,people.You'd be crazy to NOT try this recipe-I made them today and they are AWESOME!!
hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
great cresent cookies thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!