Five Cheese Mac And CheeseFrom jones2888 6 years ago
- 1 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 stick butter (8 T) plus 1 T shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded muenster cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) velveeta, cut into small cubes shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 t. seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/8 t. freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lighly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bring the large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt eight T of the butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp cheddar, and monterey Jack cheeses. To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, the cubed velveeta, and the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and dot with the remaining one T of butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 mintues. Serve hot.