Red Curry with Shrimp and Sugar Snap PeasFrom brilynn 9 years ago
- 2 T canola oil shopping list
- 2 T jarred or homemade red curry paste shopping list
- 15 oz can unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup low salt chicken broth, shopping list
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed shopping list
- 1 ½ bean sprouts shopping list
- 5 kaffir limes leaves, torn shopping list
- 2 T fish sauce shopping list
- 1 T light brown sugar shopping list
- ½ tsp kosher salt shopping list
- udon noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a 2-3 quart saucepan over medium heat until a bit of curry paste just sizzles when added to the pan. Add all the curry paste and cook, pressing and stirring with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula to soften the paste and it in with the oil, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring often, for 5 minutes, allowing the flavours to develop.
- Increase the heat to medium high and let the curry come to a strong boil. Add the shrimp, sugar snap pea, bean sprouts and lime leaves and stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add the fish sauce, sugar and salt and stir to combine. Remove from the heat. Let rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Serve over udon noodles in bowls, as it’s almost a soup.
The Cookbrilynn Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!