Aguadito De Pollo - Peruvian Chicken SoupFrom adacowan 7 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or 6-8 Drumsticks / Thighs shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrott sliced (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon aji paste (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 whole bunch of finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 cup green peas shopping list
- 10 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 4 potatoes, cut in quarters shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked white rice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, and aji; cook until the onion has softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and cook for 1 minute.
- At this point you may wish to shred the chicken or cut it into bite size pieces. (Thighs and drumsticks make for a nice presentation whole)
- Pour in the chicken broth, potatoes, (carrot if you used it) and rice.
- Add cumin.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.