Mexican Wedding CookiesFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
How to make it
- In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse pecans with 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar until very finely ground.
- Prepare Basic Cookie Dough, stirring ground pecans into flour mixture before adding to butter mixture in step 2.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough by rounded measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 13 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are browned and cookies are light golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes to firm up slightly, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place confectioners' sugar in pie plate.
- Roll cooled cookies in sugar to coat, twice if desired.
- Store cookies, putting waxed paper between layers, in tightly sealed container at room temperature up to 1 week or in freezer up to 3 months.