Pesto Potatoes with Haricot VertsFrom softgrey 6 years ago
- yukon gold potatoes-5 medium sized-washed shopping list
- Haricot verts (thin french string beans) frozen or fresh(trimmed)-equal amount to potatoes shopping list
- Pesto to coat-about 5 tbsp (storebought is fine or you can make your own and keep it frozen in ice cube trays-which is what I do) shopping list
- parmesan cheese-freshly grated (optional) shopping list
- Freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut potatoes into one inch cubes leaving skin on
- Cut string beans into 1 1/2 inch pieces-about in thirds or halves
- Boil potatoes in salted water along with string beans until tender- do not overcook!
- Drain and toss gently with pesto in a large bowl- if you toss too aggressively you will end up with mashed potatoes!
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and cracked pepper if desired.
- **I sometimes serve this for BRUNCH with a frittata instead of the usual hash browns...people lose their MINDS over this!...;-)
The Cooksoftgrey New York
- Not added to any groups yet!