Pad Thai With ShrimpFrom ravenseyes 8 years ago
- 8 oz. small size rice noodles shopping list
- 3 Tbsp tomatoe sauce or tamarind paste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp veg. oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp pickled radish shopping list
- 2 Tbsp garlic (crushed) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup water or chicken stock shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cleaned and shelled shopping list
- 6 oz bean sprouts (fresh); chopped once or twice shopping list
- 2 oz green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the rice noodles in cold tap water about 20 minutes, until they are "springy". Then drain in a colander until needed.
- If using dried tamarind, soak the tamarind in hot water for awhile, then mash with a fork to soften. Force as much of the mixture as you can through a seive to remove bits of bark, etc.
- Heat oil in wok, and add the tamarind/tomato sauce, picked radish, garlic and sugar. Mix well and let heat up.
- Add the noodles, small portions at a time, and and that water/stock. Mix well until all the noodles are coated with the mixture. Add more liquid if necessary -- it will cook out. Don't be easy on the noodles -- chop them with the spatula or spoon some to separate them. It may help to "toss" the noodles like a salad, to get them coated.
- Beat the egg and mix with the noodles. Add the fish sauce and shrimp. Mix everything thoroughly. The noodles will tend to "clump", so stir or "toss" like a salad to get everything mixed, and to ensure that the egg and shrimp cook thoroughly. It will help to cover the wok with a lid for a minute or so, then toss the mixture, then cover again. You'll know it's done when the shrimp are completely pink. There may be a little browning of the noodles; stirring will keep them from burning.
- Add the bean sprouts, green onions, and chopped peanuts. Mix well, then turn off the heat and let stand a minute or so. Serve.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!