Italian Sausage Peppers Onions Amp TomatoesFrom possumqueen 9 years ago
- 6 links italian sausage, poked (I use hot) shopping list
- 3 green peppers, sliced (I like to use a green, red and yellow for color) shopping list
- 1-2 large onion(s), sliced shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove – smashed shopping list
- 2-15 oz cans of stewed tomatoes shopping list
- salt & pepper (to taste) shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbsp italian seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a warm pan add olive oil and sausage; cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add tomatoes and stir well getting all of the good stuff of the bottom of the pan.
- Add peppers, onions, garlic, and seasoning; Stir well.
- Put heat on med low and cover.
- Simmer until peppers are fork tender.
- Do not overcook.
- Serve over white rice or on a hoagie roll.