Wilted LettuceFrom possumqueen 6 years ago
How to make it
- Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Put all of the remaining ingredients except the bacon into a pot and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from stove.
- Break the bacon up into tiny pieces and add it to the pot, stir.
- Pour hot dressing over the lettuce.
- Toss and eat immediately.
The Cookpossumqueen Small Town, Of A
The Rating1 people
Only difference between this and the recipe my Grandmother fixed was that she specifically used Bibb Lettuce. It is a delicious Southern Country Treat. Trick is to get the hot dressing on it and eat fast. If it gets cold it is not very tasty.dugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
Bibb Lettuce is a landmark recipe because it was originally hybridized and grown on the Henry Bibb Farm in Lexington, Ky.dugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!