Sausage and Egg Breakfast CasseroleFrom jacksonrendezvous 8 years ago
- 12 pieces of white bread with crusts removed shopping list
- 12 slices of American cheese shopping list
- 12 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sage shopping list
- 3 pounds breakfast sausage(3 rolls, i like Bob Evans the best) shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook, cruble, and drain grease from sausage
- Mix eggs, spices, and milk with wire wisk in large bowl
- Trim crusts from bread.
- Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray
- Now begin layering:6 slices of bread,6 slices of cheese, half of sausage, and then half of egg mixture
- Repeat layering.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- At this point, casserole can be covered with foil and placed into the refridgerator overnight until ready to bake and serve, or it can go right into the oven. I have found that it turns out better when kept over night in the refridgerator to give time for bread to soak up egg mixture and flavors come together.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjacksonrendezvous Warren, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!