Cheddar Cheese SoupFrom zena824 9 years ago
- 1 cup finely chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 quart chicken stock shopping list
- 1 quart milk shopping list
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Saute vegetables in butter until soft.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Add chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil;reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat to serving tempature.
- Makes approximatrely 2 quarts or 12 servings.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating4 people
Yummmy... gotta have it..linebb956 in La Feria loved it
another keeper, GF.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I had planned on making this soup of yours for awhile and it looks like today is the day. I am going to serve it with a fish pie which is a typical British meal but I've never made one before so I'll let you know how it all turns out.debra47 in Fylde loved it