Vegan CaramelsFrom maggiehc 6 years ago
How to make it
- Grease and line with parchment a 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients (except vanilla) in a large saucepan (4qt minimum capacity.)
- Bring ingredients to a boil stirring often.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring until candy reaches 245 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into lined baking pan.
- Allow to cool completely. Snip into pieces using clean kitchen shears (or slice with a knife). Wrap individually with waxed or parchment paper. Makes ~100 pieces
- Variation: Cook to 230 degrees F and add vanilla. Pour into a glass jar. Warm jar in a pan of hot water before pouring over ice cream or cake.
People Who Like This Dish 48
The Cookmaggiehc Detroit, MI
The Rating7 people
I have so many recipe's that call for carmel but I'm a vegan, so I will be useing this all the time. I have a bad sweet tooth.richcrisler in Kobe loved it
Made these tonight for my wife. Perfect for Valentines Day.fionn320 in Sacramento loved it
Yum....who knew it could be so easy. Thanks!craners in Coarsegold loved it