Vegan CaramelsFrom maggiehc 9 years ago
How to make it
- Grease and line with parchment a 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients (except vanilla) in a large saucepan (4qt minimum capacity.)
- Bring ingredients to a boil stirring often.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring until candy reaches 245 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into lined baking pan.
- Allow to cool completely. Snip into pieces using clean kitchen shears (or slice with a knife). Wrap individually with waxed or parchment paper. Makes ~100 pieces
- Variation: Cook to 230 degrees F and add vanilla. Pour into a glass jar. Warm jar in a pan of hot water before pouring over ice cream or cake.
People Who Like This Dish 49
The Cookmaggiehc Detroit, MI
The Rating8 people
I have so many recipe's that call for carmel but I'm a vegan, so I will be useing this all the time. I have a bad sweet tooth.richcrisler in Kobe loved it
Made these tonight for my wife. Perfect for Valentines Day.fionn320 in Sacramento loved it
I love this recipe. It is very similar to the traditional caramel recipe I make every year. I have substituted coconut milk and have only added the milk fat instead of using soy. I always make a double batch and find that 4 cans of coconut milk i...morejjkatecar in loved it