Dijon Beef TenderloinFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 pound beef tenderloin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium garlic clove minced shopping list
- 3 medium shallots minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Rub soy sauce all over beef and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Season with pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large heavy oven-proof skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Add beef and cook until well browned on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer pan to the oven and roast tenderloin for 20 minutes turning once until internal temperature reaches 120.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board then cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour off any fat from the skillet.
- Add garlic and shallots and cook over low heat stirring, until lightly browned about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and increase the heat to high then simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in mustard, broth and cream then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to moderate and simmer until sauce has reduced to 1 cup.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the butter until incorporated.
- Using a sharp knife cut meat into 12 slices.
- Arrange meat on plates or a platter then spoon the mustard sauce on top and serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!