Crock Pot Shredded Beef TacosFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast cut into 3" cubes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 jar roja slow cooking sauce shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas warmed shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded jack cheese or queso fresco shopping list
How to make it
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large fry pan over medium high heat warm 2 tablespoons of the oil until almost smoking.
- Working in batches brown beef 2 minutes per side adding more oil between batches if needed.
- Transfer the beef to a slow cooker and add the roja slow cooking sauce.
- Cover and cook on high 5 hours.
- Transfer the beef to a bowl cover loosely with aluminum foil and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Reserve the sauce.
- Using 2 forks shred the beef.
- Skim the fat off the sauce then stir 1-1/2 cups of the sauce into the beef.
- Arrange the beef on the tortillas dividing equally.
- Top with the onion, cilantro and cheese.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!