Different Twist Beef Stew Dated 1942From chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 pounds stew beef, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- water shopping list
- 4 potatoes peeled and cut up shopping list
- 2 onions chopped shopping list
- 4 carrots sliced into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 2 turnips peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 rutabaga peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a paper bag.
- Dump in the beef and shake well.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a heavy pot.
- Place meat in and brown quickly stirring to allow meat to brown all over and to prevent sticking.
- Add enough water to cover the meat then bring the pot to a boil.
- Reduce the heat cover tightly and simmer the meat for about an hour.
- Add all the rest of ingredients including more water or broth to cover everything if needed.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay leaves.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!