Sausage RollsFrom caramia 8 years ago
- 3/4 lb italian sausage, hot or mild shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese, or parmesan shopping list
- 2 tsp dried parsley shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed shopping list
- 2 tbl butter or margarine, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375i. Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Remove sausage meat from casings. Brown meat in a large skillet, breaking up into chunks. Drain off fat. Pour in wine; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain off any liquid. Stir in cheese, parsley and oregano; remove from heat.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle approximately 12" x 16". Brush with half of the melted butter. Sprinkle the sausage mixture evenly over the top of the dough, leaving a 1/2" border all around. Press the sausage lightly into the dough. Starting from a long end, roll up securely in a jelly-roll fashion. Pinch tightly along lengthwise seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 8 equal pieces. Pinch both ends of each roll tightly to form 8 rolls. Place the rolls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Brush with remaining melted butter. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until browned.
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!