Bacon-wrapped Grilled Deer TenderloinFrom possumqueen 6 years ago
- 2 pounds deer tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke flavoring shopping list
- 2 Tbsp seasoning salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- Pinch cayenne pepper or dash Tabasco shopping list
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno peppers, or substitute sliced fresh jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 pound partially cooked bacon strips, cut in half shopping list
- 12 to 16 pineapple chunks, about 1-inch squares shopping list
- 8 to 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly pound meat into 1/4-inch thick medallions.
- In a bowl, whisk honey, liquid smoke, season salt, soy sauce, and pepper together.
- Add meat, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
- Spread meat on a flat surface.
- For each piece, place two to three jalapenos and about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on the middle.
- Roll meat snugly, wrap with 1/2 slice bacon and secure with skewer. Alternate two pieces rolled meat and two pineapple chunks on each skewer.
- Place skewers over white-hot coals and grill two to four minutes per side or to desired doneness.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- possumqueen Small Town, Of A
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpossumqueen Small Town, Of A
- Not added to any groups yet!