Chicken Salad With Fennel Orange And RaspberriesFrom helewes 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 3 large navel oranges shopping list
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely diced shopping list
- 8 cups mixed lettuce such as Boston or Bibb, washed and torn into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup raspberries shopping list
- Tangy Raspberry-Orange-mustard Dressing: shopping list
- 3 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 3 Tbs grainy mustard shopping list
- 3 Tbs honey shopping list
- 2 Tbs raspberry vinegar shopping list
- 1 large navel orange, zest grated and juice squeezed shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- Set 4 dinner plates in the refrigerator. shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of dressing into a large skillet and set the rest aside. Over medium-low heat, add chicken and orange juice to skillet.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover the pan.
- Cook chicken for 6 minutes, then turn it over and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Shut off heat, remove lid, and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut off tops and bottoms of remaining 3 oranges with a sharp paring knife; peel the oranges, removing all the white pith, and slice into rounds.
- In a large bowl, toss the fennel and lettuce with all but 2 tablespoons of the reserved dressing.
- Divide the lettuce mixture among the 4 chilled dinner plates.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Arrange the chicken, orange sections and onion slices on top of lettuce. Drizzle with remaining dressing, sprinkle with raspberries and serve.
The Cookhelewes Newton, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!