Chicken And Eggplant In Red Curry SauceFrom watson2167 5 years ago
- 1 lb. boneless chicken, any types of meet you perfer or even fish ball shopping list
- 2-3 long Thai eggplants, Chiness eggplants or small green Thai eggplants (see picture) shopping list
- 2 cups, or 1 can coconut milk Mae-Ploy shopping list
- 2-3 Tbs. red curry paste (see recipes) shopping list
- fish sauce to desired saltiness shopping list
- 1-2 tsp. palm or coconut sugar shopping list
- 2 kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- Slivered green chillies to desired hotness shopping list
- 1 cup fresh Thai sweet basil leaves (some of garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- In a wok or pan, add coconut milk and curry pasted and stir to mix the curry paste thoroughly into the sauce to a smooth consistency.
- Season with fish sauce to taste and balance with enough palm sugar. Stir in the chicken pieces and return sauce mixture to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add the eggplants, kaffir lime leaves and slivered chillies as desired for extra hotness. Simmer a few minutes to warm and cook the eggplants to the tenderness of your liking.
- Toss in the basil and stir. Spoon chicken, eggplants and sauce into a serving dish top with remaining basil leaves and serve with Jasmine rice.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!