Old-Fashioned Spaghetti SauceFrom caramia 9 years ago
- One pound spicy italian sausage shopping list
- One large white onion, chopped shopping list
- Five cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- One large green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- Two cups sliced crimini mushrooms shopping list
- One large can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- One large can tomato sauce shopping list
- One medium can tomato paste shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- red wine shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- One tablespoon oregano shopping list
- Two large bay leaves shopping list
- spaghetti noodles shopping list
- Fresh parmesan or asiago cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Heat about two tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casings and chop roughly. Brown in the olive oil. While sausage is cooking, saute onion and garlic in three tablespoons olive oil in a large pot. When sausage is completely cooked, drain and add to onion and garlic. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir thoroughly and bring to a boil. Add red wine to desired consistency and taste. Add oregano and bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer all day, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves before serving. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti and top with cheese.
- Recipe is easy to double
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!