Noodle KugelFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- requires overnight refrigeration shopping list
- ------------------------------------------ shopping list
- 8 oz. medium noodles, cooked shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 TBSP butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of choice, cut into small bits (my fave is snipping up dried apricots) shopping list
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 3 TBSP of butter in a baking dish.
- In a large bowl beat eggs well and combine with sour cream, cottage cheese, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Fold in cooked noodles and dried fruit.
- Pour into buttered baking dish and spread evenly.
- Melt remaining 3 TBSP of butter and combine with crushed cornflakes and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over noodles.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day uncover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting into the kugel.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating2 people
My friend's Mom used to make Kugel like that when I was a kid...fond memories. Thanks JM!noir in Boston loved it