Thai Won Ton SoupFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- Wontons: shopping list
- 3 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup Thai fish sauce shopping list
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped ( some of garnish) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic power shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white pepper shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground pork shopping list
- 1 package wheat or rice paper skins (wonton wrapper) shopping list
- Broth: shopping list
- 3 pints chicken broth (unsalted) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (for topping) shopping list
- 6 head of baby bok choy cut long sliced shopping list
- 6 cubes of pork broth shopping list
- 1 cup roasted pork thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Wonton Preparation: Combine all ingredients except skins in a stainless steel bowl and stir together with a fork, mixture can be pulsed several times in a food processor to combine.
- Place a small amount of filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush top two edges of wrapper with water and fold over into a triangle to seal while pushing air out of the filling with your fingers. Moisten two tips of wrapper and fold together.
- Repeat with the rest of wontons.
- Poach in simmering water until wrinkled and cooked through. Keep warm for soup.
- Soup Preparation: In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook until light brown, take 1 tablespoon out for garnish. Add the chicken broth, pork stock and ginger. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Add the baby bok choy and simmer another 10 minutes. Add the cooked wontons and heat through.
- Just before serving, add the cilantro, green onion, fried garlic and roasted pork.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
This is the one that made MY day! My wife and I go to a local resturant and order the won ton soup every time we go there even if we order it as a side to go. Yes it is that good! Thanks for the post, we will use this one. THANKS!
Mborius in Klamath Falls loved it
Thanks!rml in loved it
I love Wonton soup, and this sounds delicious. High five! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!