Quicky Sticky Buns from the 1960sFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
- DOUGH shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 packages yeast shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- - shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixer bowl measure 1 1/2 cups of the flour, add the yeast, blend.
- In a saucepan mix milk, water, butter, sugar and salt.
- Heat until warm (120f - 130f) stirring constantly.
- Pour into flour mixture.
- Add eggs.
- Beat 1/2 a minute at low speed, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- By hand gradually add remaining flour, scrape down batter from sides of bowl.
- Cover, let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- While dough is rising, prepare topping.
- Combine ingredients and cook until butter melts.
- Drop topping by tablespoons into greased muffin tins.
- Drop batter on top of topping.
- Cover, let rise about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute then invert pan.
- This makes 24 rolls and they are so gooie and sticky. We loved them.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Breakfast Recipes124 members
Breakfast Craze69 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers187 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
Older Really Is Better24 members