Potato Dumplings From Norway Or Potet KlubFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 ham shank / ham hock shopping list
- 4 raw potatoes shopping list
- 2 boiled potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Garnish with fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the ham shank until done (when meat is loose on bone). Remove it from the liquid and let it cool.
- Save the liquid and skim any fat from the surface.
- Remove the meat and some of the fat from the bone and put it through a grinder with the potatoes.
- Add the whole wheat and all-purpose flours, baking powder, and salt and pepper.
- Be sure there's enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Using your hands, gently roll the mixture into dumplings.
- Drop them into the ham liquid, and cook at a slow boil until done (about 35 - 45 minutes).
- Serve the dumplings with butter or gravy on top.
- They are also good with some gooseberry preserves/jam on the side.