Individual Italian EggplantFrom misspattiecakes 9 years ago
- Individual Italian eggplant shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- ½ cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 cans (14.5 to 16 oz each) whole peeled tomatoe shopping list
- s shopping list
- 3 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp dried rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano leaves shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- Dash of pepper shopping list
- 1 cup onion cut into ¾” pieces shopping list
- 1 cup green bell pepper cut into ¾” pieces shopping list
- Eggplant: shopping list
- 2 medium eggplant shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 extra-large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups fine, dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp dry Italian dressing mix shopping list
- ½ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 8 slices (1 oz each) mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- For sauce, heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat
- . Add chopped onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, breaking up tomatoes with large spoon.
- Add tomato sauce, chopped green pepper, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 1 hour.
- Add onion and green pepper pieces and continue simmering 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While sauce simmers, peel eggplant, remove ends, and slice lengthwise into 1/3” thick slices.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking pan large enough to hold eggplant in a single layer.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until well blended. In separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, parsley flakes, parmesan cheese, and dressing mix
- . Coat eggplant with flour, shaking off excess
- . Dip into milk mixture, then into bread mixture, coating evenly. Place in baking pan.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until very tender.
- Spoon enough sauce onto eggplant to cover.
- Top with cheese slices
- . Continue baking 1 minute or until cheese melts. Spoon remaining sauce onto serving plate and top with eggplant.
- 8 Servings
The Cookmisspattiecakes Tyler, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!