Rose PralinesFrom noir 8 years ago
How to make it
- Use a copper or other heavy saucepan.
- Put sugar into the saucepan with the water and let it boil well.
- When it begins to form a syrup, remove it from the heat and stir in the grated coconut.
- Mix thoroughly and return the pan to the heat add nuts.
- Be careful to stir the mixture constantly from the time you add the coconut. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes; it will begin to bubble and should have reached the thread stage on a candy thermometer.
- This will be sufficient cooking if you wish the pralines to be light and flaky. Add the coloring, just before taking the mixture from the heat.
- Have ready a wet marble slab or buttered platter.
- Take a kitchen spoon and use it to drop spoonfull of the mixture onto the slab or platter, spreading them out with a fork until they form neat round cakes about 1/4 inch thick and 4 or 5 inches in diameter.
- Let them dry, then take a knife and gently raise them from the slab or dish.
- Use as a garnish with cakes, pudding or alone. :)