Ginger Beef Stir FryFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 8 ounces beef top round steak shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 12 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into pieces shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup small broccoli flowerets shopping list
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch lengths (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil shopping list
- 2 cups hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from beef.
- Partially freeze beef; thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips.
- Set aside.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and ginger.
- Set aside.
- Lightly coat a cold wok or large skillet with cooking spray.
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, and green onions.
- Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove from wok or skillet.
- Carefully add the oil to wok or skillet.
- Add beef then stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Push the beef from center of wok or skillet.
- Stir sauce then add to the wok or skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok or skillet.
- Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce then heat through.
- Serve immediately with hot cooked rice.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
Made this dish last night for dinner. My family was impressed. Thanks for the post.crocwoman in Saskatoon loved it
I will be trying this tonight!katzilla in Saginaw loved it
I didn't have any mushrooms or asparagus so I substituted with basic frozen peppers, onions, Broccoli and Cauliflower (: It tastes great! I also added about a half tsp of fresh ground pepper, two drops of honey and a dash of lemon juice to the sauce....morekatzilla in Saginaw loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!