Cream Of Garlic SoupFrom ern 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup peeled and cubed potatoes shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Chop garlic in a food processor to a coarse paste, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic paste and cook just until the paste begins to color, stirring constantly. Stir in the chicken broth and wine. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the milk, cream and potato and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender, return to saucepan and simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve with buttered French bread.