Takuan Pickled daikon radishFrom scearley 10 years ago
How to make it
- Dissolve the salt in 1 gallon of water.
- Peel and slice the daikon.
- Place the daikon in a ceramic or glass crock and cover with the brine. It is vital that the brine completely covers the daikon.
- Soak the daikon for 4 or 5 days.
- In a saucepan combine the 1c water, vinegar, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Place drained daikon in a glass bowl and cover with vinegar mix.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 3 days before serving.
- These pickles will keep about 2 months in the refrigerator.