Black Forest ChickenFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- ½ cup canned black cherries, drained, juice reserved shopping list
- 2 oz 80% cocoa dark chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- ¼ cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp rice flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 1 minute per side or until golden. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet and sauté for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of water to deglaze the skillet.
- Place chicken breasts over the onions. Cover and transfer to the oven; bake for 20 minutes.
- Bring ¼ cup of the reserved cherry juice to a boil in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Add chocolate, reduce heat to medium and stir until melted.
- Add the cherries and vanilla; simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk and flour and simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Spoon sauce over chicken.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
My family will worship me after I make this...I will finally reach Goddess status! You are awesome. Thanks for the creative and wonderful recipe.
Reneerml in loved it
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Whole Foods142 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members