Sunflower Chokes And Mushroom SauteFrom jena 9 years ago
- 1 pound Sunflower Chokes (Jeruselem/girosole artichokes - not actually artichokes, they are a root plant that looks like ginger) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 c shallots thinly sliced or onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oregano chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c red wine or dry sherry shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and coarsely chop sunflower chokes.
- Place a 6 quart pan over high heat and add oil, butter, mushrooms, sunflower chokes, shallots and garlic.
- Stir often until mushrooms juices evaporate and vegetables are browned.
- Add rosemary, oregano, and sherry; stir until sherry evaporates.
- Spoon vegetables into a serving dish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.