Light Turkey MeatballsFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 3 slices whole wheat sandwich bread shopping list
- 1/4c whole milk shopping list
- 11/2lbs ground turkey(93%lean,dark meat) shopping list
- 3 scallions,finely chopped shopping list
- 2 small garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 2Tbs. chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 lg. egg shopping list
- coarsee ground salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread in food processor;pulse till fine crumbs form. In a small bowl,mix breadcrumbs with milk;set aside at least 5 mins.
- In a lg bowl,combine turkey,scallions,garlic,parsley,egg,11/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp. pepper, and breadcrumb mixture;mix gently with a fork.
- With hands,form mixture into balls,each equal to 2 level tablespoos;arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a skillet,heat 1Tbs. olive oil over med-high heat. Cook 20 frozen light turkey meatballs until browned,about5 to 7 minutes. Add 11/2 cuos of store bought marinara sauce and 1/2 c water;cook until heated through,5 mins. Cook 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti,toss with sauce
- To freeze: Place baking sheet with meatballs in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour to set their shape;transfer frozen meatballs to an airtight container or reusable plastic bag and freeze up to 3 months.